Water Authority FAQs

No answers matched your search

Water Authority FAQs

No. We are not able to accept checks over the phone, although you may make an Electronic Check Payment via our MuniciPay link above.

Yes, we can take them over the phone, in person, or on line. There is a fee for this service.

No, rental properties have to stay in the owners name, unless it is a commercial account.

Please call our office 5 days before settlement or moving to provide us with forwarding address or settlement information.

At present the water rate schedule is as follows:

Minimum charge of $47.84 for 1000 cubic feet or less per quarter. 
Next 5000 cubic feet is $35.80 per 1000 cubic feet (or 3.58 per 100). 
After 6000 cubic feet the balance is $22.80 per 1000 cubic feet (or $2.28 per 100).

Yes from checking or savings accounts.

The goal of the Guilford Water Authority is to provide a dependable supply of clean potable water at a reasonable cost to our customers.  

We believe we should not put anything into the water that is not required by regulation to maintain the potability and pH balance of your water. 

With this in mind the Board of Directors of The Guilford Water Authority has decided to stop putting fluoride into your water.  Fluoride was put into many public water supplies starting in the 1950’s to reduce dental cavities.  Since that time there have been ongoing opposing viewpoints of the benefits and dangers of fluoride in public water supplies. An increase in the awareness of potential issues that could affect our health has led some water companies to stop putting fluoride into their water and some countries have since banned this practice. 

Government agencies do not require fluoride to be put into public water supplies; however if fluoride is being put into the water, the amount is regulated. 

Guilford Water Authority has begun the process with PA Department of Environmental Protection do discontinue putting fluoride in your water. 

Our customers and the public will be notified when this permitting process is complete and your water will be fluoride free. 


John Helman, Chairman

Guilford Water Authority

Yes, you can pay your water bill by going here.  Electronic checks and credit cards are accepted, a convenience fee applies.  Must have account number available to use this service.