General Information
Administrative Officer
Don Clapper
Road Superintendent
Vice Chairman
Ted Bittinger
Norlo Park Maintenance
Mike Ferguson
Shannon Malott
Phone Numbers
717-264-6626 Option #3
Emergencies: Dial 911
115 Spring Valley Road

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Supervisor FAQs

No answers matched your search
Supervisor FAQs
How do I dispose of unwanted paint?

Paint may be thrown away in your regular garbage once it is dry. You may remove the lid to allow it to dry, or to speed up the process you may place cat litter inside the can.

Who do I contact about collecting my garbage?

Garbage removal in Guilford Township is provided by these private contractors:

Apple Valley Waste - (814) 542-4751

Chambersburg Waste Paper - (717) 264-4890

Waste Connections of PA - (717) 709-1700

Waste Management of Greencastle - (717) 597-6975

Weavers Sanitation Services - (814) 735-4589

Worthys - (814) 542-3226

I am doing some work/construction to my home - do I need a permit?

The answer to this depends on the type of work you are doing to your home. Please call our office at 717-264-6626 to determine if you need a permit for the specific work you are doing.

I plan to put a shed in my yard. Do I need a permit?

This answer depends on two items - the size of the shed and the type of foundation being used for the shed. Please call our office at 717-264-6626 to determine if you need a permit for the shed you are proposing.

Who implements the Building Code for Guilford Township?

Commonwealth Code Inspection Service, Inc. implements the state-wide building code for Guilford Township. They handle code related inspections - please contact their office at 717-262-0081.

Where can I dispose of leaves and grass clippings?

Leaves and grass clippings may be taken to the following location Monday through Saturday, NO SUNDAY DROPOFFS:

Wade Benedict Farm, 4100 Spring Road, Chambersburg

Where can I dispose of brush, bushes, tree branches?
  1.  Guilford Township Maintenance Building, 4480 Guilford Springs Road, Chambersburg, Monday through Friday, 8AM - 3PM.
  2. Washington Township Transfer Station accepts branches, brush, and shrubs for a small fee at 12721 Buchanan Trail East, Waynesboro.
How can I contact the Guilford Township Tax Collector?

Kristine Crawford is currently the Tax Collector of Guilford Township. You may reach her office at 717-352-3276.

How can I get information regarding Norlo Park?

Click here to visit the Norlo Park website or call the office at 717-264-6626 to inquire about Norlo Park.

What are the regulations relating to bulky item collections?

This collection applies only to households and residents of Guilford Township (NOT COMMERCIAL). Residents should show their drivers license as a form of  identification.

A bulky item is an item that will not fit in your garbage container or weighs more than fifty (50) pounds.   

The following are bulky items: stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, water heaters, grills, box springs, mattresses, furniture, bicycles, lawn mowers, etc. Bulky items must be free of all garbage.  For questions concerning a specific item, call our office.

The following are NOT bulky items: building materials, loose material and items that can be broken down to fit into a garbage container.

The following items may not be disposed of and will not be collected: hazardous materials such as dangerous chemicals, paint and similar items which may be considered dangerously toxic or those items which cannot be disposed of utilizing methods that are legal for municipal waste.

Guilford Township offers this service twice annually, with dates announced via website updates.

Who do I contact for Blasting Information?

All blasting done in Guilford Township is regulated by DEP.  

 Blasting Information

Where do I find Burn Ban information?

Burn Bans in Guilford Township are set by the PA DCNR

Please click here for further information