• Monday - Friday
    115 Spring Valley Road
    Chambersburg, PA 17202

Pay your bill online

Name and Amount Due must match what is shown on bill, if not please call our office.

View the Annual Drinking Water Quality Report.

Water Authority FAQs

Q. Do you accept checks over the phone?

A. No. We are not able to accept checks over the phone, although you may make an Electronic Check Payment via our MuniciPay link above.

Q. Do you accept credit cards for payment?

A. Yes, we can take them over the phone, in person, or on line. There is a fee for this service.

Q. Can water bill be put in tenants name?

A. No, rental properties have to stay in the owners name, unless it is a commercial account.

Q. What to do if I am moving?

A. Please call our office 5 days before settlement or moving to provide us with forwarding address or settlement information.

Q. What is the water rate?

A. The new rates will become effective on November 1, 2018 and are as follows:

Minimum charge of $47.84 for 1000 cubic feet or less per quarter.

Next 5000 cubic feet is $35.83 per 1000 cubic feet ( or $3.58 per 100 cubic feet )

Above 6000 cubic feet the rate is $22.79 per 1000 cubic feet ( or $2.28 per 100 cubic feet )

Q. Do you offer auto bill payments?

A. Yes from checking or savings accounts.

Q. Do you add Fluoride to the drinking water?

A. The goal of the Guilford Water Authority is to provide a dependable supply of clean potable water at a reasonable cost to our customers.  

We believe we should not put anything into the water that is not required by regulation to maintain the potability and pH balance of your water. 

With this in mind the Board of Directors of The Guilford Water Authority has decided to stop putting fluoride into your water.  Fluoride was put into many public water supplies starting in the 1950’s to reduce dental cavities.  Since that time there have been ongoing opposing viewpoints of the benefits and dangers of fluoride in public water supplies. An increase in the awareness of potential issues that could affect our health has led some water companies to stop putting fluoride into their water and some countries have since banned this practice. 

Government agencies do not require fluoride to be put into public water supplies; however if fluoride is being put into the water, the amount is regulated. 

Guilford Water Authority has begun the process with PA Department of Environmental Protection do discontinue putting fluoride in your water. 

Our customers and the public will be notified when this permitting process is complete and your water will be fluoride free. 


John Helman, Chairman

Guilford Water Authority

Q. Can I pay my water bill online?

A. Yes, you can pay your water bill by going here.  Electronic checks and credit cards are accepted, a convenience fee applies.  Must have account number available to use this service.

With Spring fast approaching, we would like to take a minute for a few reminders when it comes to meter vaults and fire hydrants.

1.  Please make sure that your meter vault is accessible and that all flowers, and/or shrubbery, that may be around it is cut back so our employees can have access to it for reading or maintenance purposes.

2.  If you have a fire hydrant in your yard, please also make sure this is clear of any shrubbery and is in clear view from the street.

3.  Lastly, we are still in the process of installing new MXU radio reads on all meters.  Please mow around your meter vault so these do not get chopped off.  They do stick up approximately 1/2 inch higher than the meter vault lid.  If they do become chopped off, we will replace these one-time,free of charge, and after that there will be a $175.00 replacement charge.


Guilford Water Authority Customers

March 8, 2016

Guilford Water Authority has received an amended operation permit from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection which allows us to stop adding hydrofluosilicic acid (fluoride) to your drinking water. The permit requires us to notify you of the date when we will stop adding fluoride to your drinking water.This letter serves as that notice.

We have received an amended operation permit from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection which allows us to stop adding hydrofluosilicic acid (fluoride) to your drinking water. The PA Safe Drinking Water Act and Regulations require the Authority to obtain a permit prior to making any substantial modification to our treatment facilities. A condition of the permit which allows us to stop adding fluoride requires the Authority to notify our customers before we stop.

Many water systems add fluoride to the water to improve dental health among consumers, particularly children. When fluoride is added for this purpose, the optimal concentration is 0.7 mg/L. The average fluoride concentration in the system in 2014/2015 was 0.5mg/L. The Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) for fluoride is 2 mg/L; the average fluoride concentration may not exceed this concentration. Fluoride is not naturally occurring in the water supplies utilized by the system, so your drinking water will have no fluoride when we stop adding it on April 18, 2016.

What should I do?

This is not an emergency. If it had been, we would have notified you immediately. The Authority is providing this notice so its customers are informed of the change in treatment.

We are making this change because the Authority recognizes there are conflicting opinions about the benefits of water fluoridation. Pennsylvania does not require public water suppliers to fluoridate; therefore, we have decided to stop. Parents of young children, and anyone else wanting the benefits of fluoridation, should discuss this change with their doctors to determine if fluoride supplements should be used. Otherwise, the taste and quality of your water will remain unchanged and there is no need for you to take any action.

What will happen?

The Authority will stop adding fluoride to your drinking water on April 18, 2016.

This is not an emergency; however, as our customer, you have a right to know what will happen with your water supply.If you have any questions, you may contact our office at (717) 263-2813.You may also visit our website at http://www.guilfordtwp.us/water-authority.